The Take it Back! Program ensures that many household items are reused,
recycled or disposed of properly. In this voluntary program, businesses
and charitable organizations take back specific used items from Ottawa
residents such as used motor oil, computer equipment, used clothing,
batteries and more.
A winner of the 1999 Recycling Council of Ontario
Outstanding Product Stewardship Award, the Take it Back! program
was also submitted for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities
2000 Sustainable Community Awards.
- Residents must telephone ahead to the retailer.
- Products must be returned during business hours.
- Take it Back! is for residential customers only.
- Quantities may be limited.
- A small handling fee may apply.
- This list includes all retailers confirmed to date.